College Basketball

I'm really interested in how the Big Ten is going to determine a regular season champion this year. I don't think you go off of record because of the postponements/cancelations so not all teams will have played the same number of games. Percentage seems whack because you can just postpone or cancel games, like Michigan is doing, and remain on top because of one loss.

Duke is basically eliminated with their loss to Notre Dame today (unless they win the ACC tourney of course). Kentucky has been long eliminated (barring an SEC tourney win). Michigan State hanging by a thread.

Will be nice to see some different names this year.

Last edited:
Iowa State’s may finish the season with their only wins against Jackson State and Arkansas Pine-Bluff. I feel reasonably certain I know where one of these teams are located. UCLA is doing alright.

Iowa State’s may finish the season with their only wins against Jackson State and Arkansas Pine-Bluff. I feel reasonably certain I know where one of these teams are located. UCLA is doing alright.

Nah they suck now. They should have lost 5 games before they actually lost to Stanford. They are completely lost. It's bizarre.

EuH-MKhXMAMxm30

Committee has Big Ten teams ranked 3-4-5. Wild. Also would drool over a matchup with either Tennessee or Texas as they are two of the more overrated teams in the country IMO. Region 3 is Death.

EuH-MKhXMAMxm30

Committee has Big Ten teams ranked 3-4-5. Wild. Also would drool over a matchup with either Tennessee or Texas as they are two of the more overrated teams in the country IMO. Region 3 is Death.

I think we're going to get a lot of first/second round drama this year due to difficulty in judging teams that have had multiple COVID hiatuses or long COVID hiatuses. Michigan hasn't played in a while. Villanova hasn't played many games. Houston is very good but lost to East Carolina. Texas Tech and West Virginia will eat you up on defense, but Texas Tech looks like they play offense with a literal brick.

I think we're going to get a lot of first/second round drama this year due to difficulty in judging teams that have had multiple COVID hiatuses or long COVID hiatuses. Michigan hasn't played in a while. Villanova hasn't played many games. Houston is very good but lost to East Carolina. Texas Tech and West Virginia will eat you up on defense, but Texas Tech looks like they play offense with a literal brick.
Texas Tech's defense is vulnerable on the perimeter. They're good but not that same Tech team from the last couple years. I like WVU quite a bit as a dark horse to win it all.

I don't know if anyone has really watched Alabama this season but you should. They are fun as hell. Play with the pace of an up-and-down the court small school.

Not surprised that they have been able to turn it around so quickly with a top coach and some really solid talent (Petty has been good for a while and Quinerly was a top 10 recruit IIRC when he initially went to Nova).

Big win for Michigan today after being off for 20+ days, coming back on the road against a team that looked like they were relishing the opportunity to get revenge for the drubbing they got from the wolverines earlier in the year. M looked out of sync on both ends in the first half. Probably a combo of rust, being on the road, and Wisconsin's size and perimeter defense harassing their biggest weapons. Defensively, there were a lot of breakdowns that led to open looks, and besides a few blocks from Dickinson, they weren't able to really get their hands on the ball to disrupt W's flow. Down by 12 at the half, things didn't look great.
Second half, M defense immediately looked much better. Locked down on the perimeter, switching crisply, deflecting passes, etc. This led to transition offense, which got them some easier buckets and some confidence. Their offense still had trouble when working out of the half court, but they were able to keep chipping away, and in the last 5 minutes, had everything working. Outscored W by 20 in the 2nd half.
It wouldn't have been a big deal if they lost, but a comeback effort like this should hopefully kick them emotionally and energetically into high gear.

Back