Casual Lambic Thread

Anyone have thoughts on Zenne y Frontera batches 7-9? I'm planning to open one with some friends next month, and if there's a particular one that anybody would recommend I'd be all ears.

IMG-20210720-201149.jpg

Het Boerenerf, the newest lambic blender.
Quince lambic.
Tasty on a hot Summer evening!

51390FA9-4C62-47AF-B475-5E24583BEFFA.jpeg
Megablend 2021 (bottled 9/30/20) it’s a nice blend fresh. Muted on the nose but taste has a combo of lemon zest, creaminess, booze, nutty, and a slight oak profile.
Overall it’s decent. Probably my least favorite fresh Megablend but think it will aged very well.
Got a couple bottles in an Etre drop yesterday and it went straight into the fridge. Pulled it out today and the cork almost took my eye out after starting to untwist the cage. Wasn't much of a gusher, just an initial rush of CO2. Super peppery nose with dill and lemon along the lines of Cuvee Rene. Really tastes Lindemans forward with a little apple and stone fruit, but kinda bland overall. Finishes like a lemon sparkling water...lacks bitterness and anything going on in the midpalate. It did soften and open up a little after sitting, so might be worth decanting it. But decanting is stupid so I'd recommend just not buying it.

A5FD64DA-55A8-4443-A758-348A10580C52.jpeg
Last night, 375. Small pop, not a ton of carb yet super funky out of the gate. Not very familiar with the fruit but it seemed to add to the finish. Would happily drink this again.

I also had one recently from what showed up in the area. Same take- not familair with gooseberries, but damn did it go well and had some good funk. Also low carb. Think I may pickup another while they're still around.

A5FD64DA-55A8-4443-A758-348A10580C52.jpeg
Last night, 375. Small pop, not a ton of carb yet super funky out of the gate. Not very familiar with the fruit but it seemed to add to the finish. Would happily drink this again.

I also had one recently from what showed up in the area. Same take- not familair with gooseberries, but damn did it go well and had some good funk. Also low carb. Think I may pickup another while they're still around.
I’d definitely recommend seeking out the actual fruit…they’re addicting as hell.