Cars and Trucks and Things That Go

Been teaching my eldest how to drive last few weeks. She's actually a really good driver, just needs to work on reversing and parking.
The verdict is in and she'll take over my Subbie next year which means I won't get a new ride now but will then.

Debating over leasing a new truck, buying an OLD truck for back and forth to work, getting a fun car thats manual (WRX, Wrangler, etc), or getting a nice ride for a mature adult.
Gonna be a fun hunt.
Also debating a VW van but just can't rely on it for daily stuff.

Currently rocking an E90 335xi....fucking love it. So fun to drive. Unfortunately as my kids get bigger, I think it's time to move on to something a little bigger :cry:

Next up is either E 63 AMG wagon or an RS7....all depends on what I can find with a year/mileage combo I'm comfortable with (because ain't no way I'm getting either of those new).

Currently rocking an E90 335xi....fucking love it. So fun to drive. Unfortunately as my kids get bigger, I think it's time to move on to something a little bigger :cry:

Next up is either E 63 AMG wagon or an RS7....all depends on what I can find with a year/mileage combo I'm comfortable with (because ain't no way I'm getting either of those new).
Just watch out for the RS7 brakes. Ceramic rotors = $$$$$$$$$$$$. Even the steel wave rotors are around $1300 per pair ($2600 all in). Just for the rotors.

My car was making a little bit of mechanical noise when turning the wheel in parking lots. Thought I'd check the fluid quick. 160k miles. Couldn't find the reservoir. Google search revealed that there is no fluid because it's electric assist. That's new to me! Maybe it's common now, but this was the first car I ever owned built this century.

My car was making a little bit of mechanical noise when turning the wheel in parking lots. Thought I'd check the fluid quick. 160k miles. Couldn't find the reservoir. Google search revealed that there is no fluid because it's electric assist. That's new to me! Maybe it's common now, but this was the first car I ever owned built this century.

What car?

Washed the fleet today
Kf9hRQP.jpg

Pretty disappointed in myself. First time this year hand washing. I usually get a few washes in per year, plus a clay bar and wax. Only wash and rain-x on the glass this time.

Washed the fleet today
Kf9hRQP.jpg

Pretty disappointed in myself. First time this year hand washing. I usually get a few washes in per year, plus a clay bar and wax. Only wash and rain-x on the glass this time.

Claying and waxing is so time consuming.... I’ve been cheating and using a wax in my wash and it seems to help. I still get plenty of beading action 2 weeks later when washing.

Blower fan in my Mazda3 has been whistling for the last couple months. I park it outside, under a maple tree. Looked at what it takes to replace the blower fan.

NOPE

Then found the method to vacuum out the fan from under the hood. Much easier.
tApjvIi.jpg

A few leaves in there, and all better. 1-0 for me.

Then I proceeded to change the oil and filter in all three cars. Broke my oil filter housing in the Audi. Dammit. 1-1

Don't have a good pic of my Z since the latest work so I'll post that when it's not gross out. It's peeking behind the truck anyway. But here's my daily beater I paid all of $800 for. 1995 s10 4.3L 5 speed. I lowered it, but whoever had it before me did the body kit and the respray. received_1300078856809395.jpeg

I had a GMC version in HS with a body kit and shit. Damn I miss that truck. Was useless for most shit but was perfect for me at the time. I was useless with it!

Great truck and style, good mileage, zippy too, and never had a problem Other than master cylinder and alternator.

Back