Camping

I already own one, but a generator would be really low on my list. It's only really needed in extreme cases, and really only to run the ac. Your necessities will all run off the battery, which is charged off the truck, or lp gas. My generator is an inexpensive ($250) one from Menards. It's fairly loud, but you run an extension cord anyway so just put it a ways away. It's light enough to just put in the bed of the truck. Don't waste time and money on getting fancy if realistcally you will never use it.

I already own one, but a generator would be really low on my list. It's only really needed in extreme cases, and really only to run the ac. Your necessities will all run off the battery, which is charged off the truck, or lp gas. My generator is an inexpensive ($250) one from Menards. It's fairly loud, but you run an extension cord anyway so just put it a ways away. It's light enough to just put in the bed of the truck. Don't waste time and money on getting fancy if realistcally you will never use it.
Realistically, I'm not sure that we really will use it a ton. However, we do plan on doing mostly dry camping but as you said I'm not sure we are going to be doing so much of it where we need the AC. My wife is still pretty set on the idea in combination with just having one for electrical outages that I mentioned above living where we are in California. (We really aren't in an area that should have power turned off but you never know.) Her parents just bought an expensive Honda generator for "just having" but won't let us borrow it for a weekend here and there for fear that the zombie apocalypses happens when we are out of town for two days. I'm guessing she will already have purchased a $3k one before I finish this post but I appreciate the information.

So, today was the day. After practicing parking in this here giant-ass lot, we towed this Coachmen Apex Nano 213RDS home.

First time I’ve ever towed anything at all. It was smooth and easy. I’m glad we got more truck than we would need.

we take her out in 4 weeks. Going to be doing some build out inside, putting together our permanent camper gear, etc.

Today was the culmination of more than five years for planning, prepping, saving, spending, dreaming and anticipating. Since our honeymoon in 2015, where we camped Portland to SF, we have said, “This is what we want to do. Let’s make it happen.”

we finally did. Feelsgoodman.

EEC26BA8-7030-4A7A-89A4-D157153A2FEB.jpeg

2B8D011E-9266-4F82-A21A-B4B3FE0C49DB.jpeg

So, today was the day. After practicing parking in this here giant-ass lot, we towed this Coachmen Apex Nano 213RDS home.

First time I’ve ever towed anything at all. It was smooth and easy. I’m glad we got more truck than we would need.

we take her out in 4 weeks. Going to be doing some build out inside, putting together our permanent camper gear, etc.

Today was the culmination of more than five years for planning, prepping, saving, spending, dreaming and anticipating. Since our honeymoon in 2015, where we camped Portland to SF, we have said, “This is what we want to do. Let’s make it happen.”

we finally did. Feelsgoodman.

EEC26BA8-7030-4A7A-89A4-D157153A2FEB.jpeg

2B8D011E-9266-4F82-A21A-B4B3FE0C49DB.jpeg
Congratulations. Looks good.

We've had the camper for a little more than a week now. Our parking situation has fallen through, at least for the time being, so we've got her stored at the house. Had to cut a few oaks back for clearance. As much as I don't like her sitting in the drive, I love seeing her there when I get home. Still looking for a name for her, something to pair with my truck, Grisette.

IMG_1351.jpg

My loving and typically frugal wife has gone a little bit bonkers with her "green light" to accessorize the camper. So now we're working with a blue-gray palette (which I like), but also attempting to mirror our kitchen gear (minus the InstaPot, CrockPot, AirFryer, etc.) and living gear so we don't have to load and unload much more than laundry. Which is great and all, but I keep reminding her that she's the only one of us that can collect OT (and neither of us make 110k), so fire away, as long as she's willing to pick up those Saturday and Sunday shifts at the hospital.

Can't wait to take her out. We're meeting up with her cousin and his wife for our first trip.

They've never been camping of any sort.

It's going to be awesome.

We've had the camper for a little more than a week now. Our parking situation has fallen through, at least for the time being, so we've got her stored at the house. Had to cut a few oaks back for clearance. As much as I don't like her sitting in the drive, I love seeing her there when I get home. Still looking for a name for her, something to pair with my truck, Grisette.

IMG_1351.jpg

My loving and typically frugal wife has gone a little bit bonkers with her "green light" to accessorize the camper. So now we're working with a blue-gray palette (which I like), but also attempting to mirror our kitchen gear (minus the InstaPot, CrockPot, AirFryer, etc.) and living gear so we don't have to load and unload much more than laundry. Which is great and all, but I keep reminding her that she's the only one of us that can collect OT (and neither of us make 110k), so fire away, as long as she's willing to pick up those Saturday and Sunday shifts at the hospital.

Can't wait to take her out. We're meeting up with her cousin and his wife for our first trip.

They've never been camping of any sort.

It's going to be awesome.
This is an absolute must. I can't recommend it enough.