US - West California Breweries Currently Shipping

Any places you'd recommend for a NorCal guy unfamiliar with a lot of these SoCal breweries? I am not a big Hazy fan. But I like pretty much everything else, especially WC IPAs and lagers.

What are you into? I assume you are pretty familiar with Alesmith - typically quality across the board, and they are running some nice discounts as well.

Have you had any Smog City beers before? They are one of the LA "old guard" or "first wave". I don't love their wild ales, but everything else is solid. Their barrel-aged barleywine, Bourbon O.E., is certainly one of the best annual release barleywines in the state, and I like their barrel aged stout Infinite Wishes as well.

Highland Park (HPB) does a wide range of styles well. People rave about their pilsner, Timbo Pils. They may only be shipping by the case, haven't checked in a while.

Good ole Kern River is shipping too, I believe in 4 packs. Probably one of the best old school WCIPA breweries around these days.

What are you into? I assume you are pretty familiar with Alesmith - typically quality across the board, and they are running some nice discounts as well.

Have you had any Smog City beers before? They are one of the LA "old guard" or "first wave". I don't love their wild ales, but everything else is solid. Their barrel-aged barleywine, Bourbon O.E., is certainly one of the best annual release barleywines in the state, and I like their barrel aged stout Infinite Wishes as well.

Highland Park (HPB) does a wide range of styles well. People rave about their pilsner, Timbo Pils. They may only be shipping by the case, haven't checked in a while.

Good ole Kern River is shipping too, I believe in 4 packs. Probably one of the best old school WCIPA breweries around these days.

"I am not a big Hazy fan. But I like pretty much everything else, especially WC IPAs and lagers."

Thanks for the tips! I am trying to do some research and split an order with a friend.

"I am not a big Hazy fan. But I like pretty much everything else, especially WC IPAs and lagers."

Thanks for the tips! I am trying to do some research and split an order with a friend.

Sorry, I read right past that part of your message like an idiot.

Glad some of the recommendations hit the mark anyway.

Just added Firestone Walker and Mason Ale Works.

Also added 3 4-packs of Mason Ale Works cans to my haul for the month.

QBerZaN.jpg

man sara put up an awesome pack today. tomorrow, today is so underrated. if i still didn’t have half a case of monkish i’d be all over it!

man sara put up an awesome pack today. tomorrow, today is so underrated. if i still didn’t have half a case of monkish i’d be all over it!

That's the problem. Every couple days I see something I really want, but I can't justify.

Yesterday I received the 3 4-packs I ordered from Mason Ale Works on Monday night. 3 of the cans were detached from the 4-pack holder and rolling around in the box, but no breakage. 😌

Back