BIKES!!!!!

tenor.gif

Anyone have a rec for a good errand/towing a Burly bike? I was thinking Surly Cross Check with the flat bar but supplies are getting low.

Post your bikes, Strava, rides, etc here.

Tried to do the Portland loop a few weekends ago but stopped at mile 31 because 10 miles of headwind kicked my ass.
This sounds very similar to my ride yesterday. Out and back ride, first half was nothing, the winds coming back were brutal. Managed a 15mph pace for 2 straight hours, which for an old guy like me is pretty ok.

Riding a Salsa Colossal these days.

A couple months in on the new bike and it’s been a blast! I’ve found out there’s much more to it than just getting on and going.
As the distance on my rides increased I started getting a really sharp pain in my left knee. I adjusted the seat tube a few days ago and it’s made all the difference. Sigh of relief.

Also been having some gear issues. Sometimes the chain falls of while shifting on flat ground. The chain also seems to “slip” while pedaling up grade causing my foot to fall forward. This morning while in the second disc on the big ring and the second smallest back ring it kept crunching and “slipping.” Any ideas what could be causing these issues? It’s a new bike and I didn’t expect mechanical issues so soon.

I need a solid recommendation for some good flat pedals. $50 and below if possible. I need to bail quicker on my mountain bike. Flipped over the handle bars on my last 2 rides, as I could not un-clip fast enough
Really digging my Raceface Chesters and switched to flats for pretty much the same reason. Bent my front rim and almost broke a collar bone because I couldn't unclip fast enough...

A couple months in on the new bike and it’s been a blast! I’ve found out there’s much more to it than just getting on and going.
As the distance on my rides increased I started getting a really sharp pain in my left knee. I adjusted the seat tube a few days ago and it’s made all the difference. Sigh of relief.

Also been having some gear issues. Sometimes the chain falls of while shifting on flat ground. The chain also seems to “slip” while pedaling up grade causing my foot to fall forward. This morning while in the second disc on the big ring and the second smallest back ring it kept crunching and “slipping.” Any ideas what could be causing these issues? It’s a new bike and I didn’t expect mechanical issues so soon.

Sounds like the rear derailer isn’t aligned properly. Just looking at it in your pick, the rear derailer is in an odd position. It should be extended down more.

We doing cycling races in here as well? Classics, Giro, TdF etc?

I will be in Brussels for a few days with some friends for the 1st two stages of the TdF, July 6 and 7. Happy Froome is out, cause fuck Froome...
Thomas has to be the favorite, but I'd say Dumoulin and Fuglsang have to by strong contenders as is A. Yates... I'll take van Garderen as my outside podium pick.

Oh wow. Yeah mine looks totally flat. I found a pretty cool Park Tool video on how adjust it so I'll be working on that. Thanks!

Cool. That is definitely the issue causing the chain to not run smoothly.

Also, get yourself some chain grease and every Month or so, turn the bike upside down so it’s resting on the seat/handle bars and apply a little grease to the chain while you turn the peddle with your hands. This will lube the chain, gears and derailers and keep things running smooth.

Cool. That is definitely the issue causing the chain to not run smoothly.

Also, get yourself some chain grease and every Month or so, turn the bike upside down so it’s resting on the seat/handle bars and apply a little grease to the chain while you turn the peddle with your hands. This will lube the chain, gears and derailers and keep things running smooth.

Right on! Cheers!

Anyone have a rec for a good errand/towing a Burly bike? I was thinking Surly Cross Check with the flat bar but supplies are getting low.
The Cross Check should be a good option for you. It's pretty sturdy, has clearance for big tires, and has the accommodations for racks/fenders. My only complaint is that it's on the heavy side. Wish I had a nice color like orange or green, but I got this frame and fork for only $150 so I couldn't be choosy. Here's a pic of my granola slayer.

I haven’t ridden in 2 fucking weeks because every day I can it pours and no one wants to go. Also current situation.

I’m not a pro by any means, fat ass weekend warrior better describes me, but I have fun.

I do the tour de Blount ( foothills of the smokies ) every year and did 2500’ of climbing and 41 miles in 2:30. I’m not winning a medal or anything.

Here is my bike... I love it.

Back