BIKES!!!!!

Hit up CL for lightly used mountain bikes. Some great deals to be had on only a few years old models for fraction of the price.

that was my first step and I was shocked that so many people were pricing them as if they were basically new. My hope is that I find some college kid who’s leaving in a few months and doesn’t wanna drag their bike to a new city.

that was my first step and I was shocked that so many people were pricing them as if they were basically new. My hope is that I find some college kid who’s leaving in a few months and doesn’t wanna drag their bike to a new city.
I was just looking the CL bikes for Austin. (visiting in a month). The selection is incredible, but the price is barely competitive vs new from LBS.

I didn't have much luck checking Sacramento CL when I was in the market for a bike. I ended up getting my most recent bike, a used 2018 Specialized Fatboy off eBay. I paid about $500 less than retail. It looked like the bike had been ridden maybe half a dozen times too...

Not much here in terms of decent used bikes... price wise it’s all over the map. Mostly old bikes, anything newer is within 200-300 bucks of buying new.

I honestly just want something to map my ride (time, distance, etc). I don’t care about all the extra stuff at this point. With Strava I’d be paying for a bunch of features I don’t use.

What app do you guys use to track rides? Strava pops up and looks like it’s free for the first month but not after. Free would be great.

I use Strava and don’t pay anything. I think there’s an old Talk Beer/DDT running group too.

Tested out the new tires this morning. Felt safe on chunks of snow and patches of ice. My buddy who did not have studded tires wiped out on a piece of ice though. I’m feeling good about my investment.

Not sure what I did then because it says after my trial runs out it’s $59.99/year
Strava has a free and a premium version. I've never used the premium version. The free version allows you to set up a profile, set routes, track routes and keeps stats on your rides. Seems like signed up for the premium. You should cancel, unless you find the premium version worth the money. Personally, nothing they have advertised as a premium benefit has piqued my interest

Hornbeck on Trailforks

Far Northern CA

That looks like a great Sunday ride. I love a nice double track. The place I ride here is movable wife cross country style tracks and it’s great because you can kind of tune out and enjoy being outside rather than worry too much about technicality.

That looks like a great Sunday ride. I love a nice double track. The place I ride here is movable wife cross country style tracks and it’s great because you can kind of tune out and enjoy being outside rather than worry too much about technicality.

Nice and relatively easy 7+ miles. I wanted to do something a little more challenging, but I was riding with a friend that hadn't ridden in a long time. Still glad I got a pre-game ride in.

Back