Biden-Harris Presidency Thread

You hide your discard piles from each other? Huh.

Ha, no. Just the way we play your discard pile has to be stacked up where you can't see what is in it. That's a big advantage knowing what's under the next card in the discard piles

Say the stack has a 6 and your deck has a 11... it's a big deal if you can't run it from your hand and play from the discard pile a 7, 8, 9, oh fuck there's a 12 next and I forgot about that....

Ha, no. Just the way we play your discard pile has to be stacked up where you can't see what is in it. That's a big advantage knowing what's under the next card in the discard piles

Say the stack has a 6 and your deck has a 11... it's a big deal if you can't run it from your hand and play from the discard pile a 7, 8, 9, oh fuck there's a 12 next and I forgot about that....
I’ve been playing Skipbo for like 35 years and we’ve always played it like this. Cool to see that everyone has their own little variations like Uno. Skipbo >>>> Uno.

I don’t think I have ever played Skipbo.

My wife has a deck from when she used to play as a kid with her dad. After he passed we started playing it pretty routinely. We play a lot of card games after the boys go to bed on weekend nights. It's in the regular rotation.

I find it pretty fun and it's not on the Phase 10 level of "I will fucking kill you" vindictive.

You can get pretty strategy heavy if you really want it to andbtry to fuck with your opponent but it's also very luck of the draw dependant on the deal.

Worth a couple bucks for a deck, imo.

Last edited:

OceanOfMead

Staff member
My wife has a deck from when she used to play as a kid with her dad. After he passed we started playing it pretty routinely. We play a lot of card games after the boys go to bed on weekend nights. It's in the regular rotation.

I find it pretty fun and it's not on the Phase 10 level of "I will fucking kill you" vindictive.

You can get pretty strategy heavy if you really want it to andbtry to fuck with your opponent but it's also very luck of the draw dependant on the deal.

But does she have the NSYNC edition of Uno?

I’ll see myself to the 90s thread.

Played Phase 10 once with my family on vacation. Someone played Phase 1 on the very first time around. My uncle threw down his cards and left... we’ve never played since.

Played Phase 10 once with my family on vacation. Someone played Phase 1 on the very first time around. My uncle threw down his cards and left... we’ve never played since.

Before kids we had just started playing a game on a plane ride, and ordered gin and tonics.

The flight attendant came back and brought us 3 bottles each and extra cans of tonic water and said "if yall are playing Phase 10 you're gonna need some more drinks" and I've never connected more with a random stranger.

Litheum94

Title Earner
Before kids we had just started playing a game on a plane ride, and ordered gin and tonics.

The flight attendant came back and brought us 3 bottles each and extra cans of tonic water and said "if yall are playing Phase 10 you're gonna need some more drinks" and I've never connected more with a random stranger.
abawol01 sounds like we need Phase 10 for the next game night.