Biden-Harris Presidency Thread

Josh

All Mods Are Beautiful

Just here to use this gif

Jason Bateman Cotton GIF
This is from his prior statement todaybb
Look at the numbers now being reported on the fraud, which we now call the “Really Big Lie.”

:unsure:

What's next? The really, really big lie?

I saw something like this earlier on another online forum and got a good laugh. While the lesser noise would be cool, there’s a good bit of irony in the whole thing.
It’s about the air pollution as much or more than the noise. FWIW, I agree with the tweet slamming Dems, but there’s still merit to the change… too bad the “meaningful” legislation stops with this kinda shit.

425B7A34-3031-4B46-8E5F-CF99018FAB16.jpeg

Edit: just saw this is mentioned in the thread comments. As well as a ton of other data that’s actually much worse.

FATC1TY

the fat, shitty poster
It’s about the air pollution as much or more than the noise. FWIW, I agree with the tweet slamming Dems, but there’s still merit to the change… too bad the “meaningful” legislation stops with this kinda shit.

Edit: just saw this is mentioned in the thread comments. As well as a ton of other data that’s actually much worse.

So I’m sure you understand the graphic you quoted, and what it’s representing. 2 stroke engines aren’t efficient at all, no argument there.

I get what they are trying to do, but it’s mostly performative at best. Most of the people just hate their rich neighbors waking them up as their property managers use a blower at 7am.

2 stroke engines aren’t efficient at all, no argument there.

Actually Back in 2004 Evinrude had a two stroke motor that was more efficient than all of the 4 stroke competition. However it was pricey so it didn't last.

Are there any 2 stroke engines left other than snowmobiles and chainsaws?

FATC1TY

the fat, shitty poster
Actually Back in 2004 Evinrude had a two stroke motor that was more efficient than all of the 4 stroke competition. However it was pricey so it didn't last.

I think some blowers, chainsaws… maybe some cheaper string trimmers still, I swore even some log splitters?

Not still being manufactured, but there are plenty of two stroke diesel engines plying the rails and waterways in this country.

b.singh

Formerly bramsdell
Dang, didn’t even think of that. Wonder if those will be targeted too, or if hobbies and sports are exempt.
Extremely unlikely. The federal nonroad vehicle protections are extremely strong and their lobby is shockingly strong. A lot of this is because, as soon as anyone suggests changing the nonroad vehicle regulations, SEMA and other entities immediately turn it into, "Goodbye NASCAR and all other forms of motorized racing."

Two-stroke engines should have been banned a long, long time ago. As that graphic depicts, their emissions are horrifying compared to where both on-road gas and diesel ICE engines are, in both emissions and efficiency.

b.singh

Formerly bramsdell
So the dirt bikes loudly roaming around Brooklyn every night aren't just annoying but are also horrible for the environment?
That is correct. They're also not street legal. Big culture of it in Baltimore, which has spread to DC, so we get a lot of dirt bikes and ATV parades.

That said, I'm definitely not here for the NYPD to use unregistered dirt bikes as cause to start pulling over (and harassing, frivolously arresting, beating, murdering, etc.) people.

I think some blowers, chainsaws… maybe some cheaper string trimmers still, I swore even some log splitters?
I have Stihl leaf blower, trimmer, and edger all 2 stroke, they are about 11 years old and work great. While they aren’t as efficient the cost has always been the reason stuff like that is 2 stroke. Unless you are buying commercial grade equipment no one is buying a string trimmer for $400 more for a 4 stroke. Since the batteries are getting better and kind of cheaper it’s getting better to have all electric yard tools. But it’s a big investment still.

FATC1TY

the fat, shitty poster
I have Stihl leaf blower, trimmer, and edger all 2 stroke, they are about 11 years old and work great. While they aren’t as efficient the cost has always been the reason stuff like that is 2 stroke. Unless you are buying commercial grade equipment no one is buying a string trimmer for $400 more for a 4 stroke. Since the batteries are getting better and kind of cheaper it’s getting better to have all electric yard tools. But it’s a big investment still.

No doubt. I’m the weirdo that buys once cries once so I buy commercial stuff. But it’s worth noting lots of companies are getting really good equipment that is battery powered.

problem is the cost to start, and you have to stick with the same battery ecosystem, or you end up like my neighbor with 3 blowers, 2 edgers, 2 hedge trimmers, pole saw, trimmer, snd they all run off various battery eco systems because he bought them on sale or used, and none all work together.

I’ve got an electric leaf blower that’s nearly silent. So weird.
Same. I also have a battery powered mower. I don’t have much of a yard so it’s no big deal. Only time the mower is an issue is when my lawn gets real high over vacation and the battery dies towards the end. The rare times that happens, I just charge it for an hour or so and finish.