Europe Belgium info & travel thread

All the info you need about Brussels (or Belgium in general): post your questions here or send me a casual PM.

Cheers!

giphy.gif

Hey, a buddy is going to be sending me some bottles from Belgium and I was looking for some shipping advice to make it as easy as possible for him. I assume BPost is the way to go? Also, it seems like they’re asking for pretty specific info when shipping to the US right now for the customs form. Using something broad like “collectible glassware” alone doesn’t seem like it would cut it. They want specific number of items, and a description for each. Any suggestions? Thanks!

I will briefly be in Brussels Feb 11 (and the night before and morning after).

Any new exciting restaurants I should visit for dinner? It's been a little while.

Any new exciting restaurants I should visit for dinner? It's been a little while.
Le Damoiselle is wonderful and they have some interesting loons. Great for lunch too.

La Piola Pizza has some amazing neopolitans.

Check out Modern Alchemist or Life is Beautiful if you want great cocktails after smashing lambic.

Might be worth checking out if there's a popup happening at Nightshop as well.

Liesse.bxl has a mirabelle plum lambic collab from Cantillon, the food looks good too.
Went there last trip. Pretty good!

Le Damoiselle is wonderful and they have some interesting loons. Great for lunch too.

La Piola Pizza has some amazing neopolitans.

Check out Modern Alchemist or Life is Beautiful if you want great cocktails after smashing lambic.

Might be worth checking out if there's a popup happening at Nightshop as well.
Gracias!

Holy Smoke - TX BBQ

Le Damoiselle - bistro w/nice lambic list

La Buvette - fine dining

Old Boy - Asian fusion

These are all on my to-do list, haven't been since 2019 sadly. :(

Holy Smoke - TX BBQ

Le Damoiselle - bistro w/nice lambic list

La Buvette - fine dining

Old Boy - Asian fusion

These are all on my to-do list, haven't been since 2019 sadly. :(
Ooh old boy looks super interesting. Might try to make that happen.

Damoiselle, which Dave also suggested, would be my first choice but they're not open weekends?

1681612205585.jpeg
As many others have, I’d recommend this after Cantillon for a 2€ DuPont Rédor Pils and a hearty meal. Take a lambic break.
Thanks yeah we did this one last time! I remembered having the rabbit and a LPF there for dinner and it was great! Any other places? I think we also hit up Maison Antoine which was fun and was wondering if there was things like that closer. Had a car last time. Have dinner reservations back in Paris to cap it off.

Last edited:
Can’t believe I will get to be in Belgium again after 6 years. Will be doing a day trip this time from Paris at the end of April. Wondering if anyone has recommendations for lunch and best frites after Cantillon? Thanks!
Fritland was right by where we stayed last time off the Grand Platz. It’s a a walk up, but if you want Frites, you cannot go wrong and it’s not terribly far.

I think we ordered wrong at Nüetnigenough because everyone loves that place, raves about it even, and it was our least favorite stop of the last trip. The food was just okay and our server was annoyed we ordered Fantôme. Sorry we came to Belgium to drink Belgian beer?

My food rec is and will always be Nordzee. It’s another walk up, but if you like seafood you will not have better fresh seafood on your visit. BYOB.

Fritland was right by where we stayed last time off the Grand Platz. It’s a a walk up, but if you want Frites, you cannot go wrong and it’s not terribly far.

I think we ordered wrong at Nüetnigenough because everyone loves that place, raves about it even, and it was our least favorite stop of the last trip. The food was just okay and our server was annoyed we ordered Fantôme. Sorry we came to Belgium to drink Belgian beer?

My food rec is and will always be Nordzee. It’s another walk up, but if you like seafood you will not have better fresh seafood on your visit. BYOB.
Fritland seems perfect for frities! Will be in Italy on the coast the following week, but will look at Nordzee. Thanks!

Back