An Ode to the Glorious Sandwich

This man just made an Olga’s Snackers sandwich and I am going to swap the walnuts to almonds and plus up to a toasty pita and have one:

Forgot to pic and post but we had snackers sandwich for dinner last night. Should have trimmed the raclette back or melted it to blend in as we were using Aldi sliced raclette instead of shredded but holy fuck, the bites where the proportions were correct were magical.

20220821_220730.jpg

At 11pm on a work night, a riff on Kenji's fatty melt... 3 slices per sandwich of kiolbassa hickory bacon on the blackstone.. then white bread grilled cheeses in the bacon fat with boars head yellow American and put the bacon in the grilled cheeses, then 2x3oz smash burgers with meat church holy ghost and more BH American. Stacked up and ate. Thought about adding a fried egg too but that seemed superfluous. Aint a looker but fuck.

giphy.webp

There's a Philly cheesesteak place inside a bar called the Ranger Station in Portland. Now, I'm no cheesesteak expert (I've only had one actual cheesesteak in Philly, and it was at Veteran's Stadium, so that doesn't even really count), but this thing is bomb.

Pic probably doesn't do it justice. It was about an hour old because my wife brought it home for me after work.

PXL_20220924_034722849.MP.jpg
PXL_20220924_034628243.MP.jpg

Last edited:
Back