An Ode to the Glorious Sandwich

Whitefish sandwich at Brown Fisheries Fish House in Paradise, MI.

20210616_125055.jpg

Shitty picture due to it being takeout only and we had to eat in the car. Uber-fresh Whitefish straight from Lake Superior. Perfect breading and light, flaky fish. Local brioche bun, lettuce, sweet onion, housemate tartar sauce.

Quite possibly a perfect fish sandwich. I will never, ever eat a fast food fish sandwich after this. Fish sandwich nirvana.
I’ll be Harbor Springs for two weeks starting next Monday and need to hunt down some whitefish sandwiches.

what the f were you doing in pkipsie?

A college friend and his wife recently bought a property in Newburgh (The Spruces Hudson Valley) and wanted us to come visit. I flew to Chicago, met up with another college friend, & spent 20 hours there. The next morning, we drove to Cleveland & hung out with some other college friends. The morning after that, we drove to Newburgh and stayed 2 nights there. They are hardcore foodies and wanted to show us some of their favorite food spots (so far -- they moved there right before the pandemic & haven't had the opportunity to get out much until recently), which included Rossi's.

A college friend and his wife recently bought a property in Newburgh (The Spruces Hudson Valley) and wanted us to come visit. I flew to Chicago, met up with another college friend, & spent 20 hours there. The next morning, we drove to Cleveland & hung out with some other college friends. The morning after that, we drove to Newburgh and stayed 2 nights there. They are hardcore foodies and wanted to show us some of their favorite food spots (so far -- they moved there right before the pandemic & haven't had the opportunity to get out much until recently), which included Rossi's.

oh and I suppose you couldn’t add a day to pop down to the city and spend time with your Internet friends?

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2F_%2Fmedia%2F2018%2F10%2F04%2F12%2F55%2FJacuse.gif

They are hardcore foodies and wanted to show us some of their favorite food spots (so far -- they moved there right before the pandemic & haven't had the opportunity to get out much until recently), which included Rossi's.
Good to hear that they found Rossi’s. I did not get there as much as I should have during college, but it’s such a pain in the ass driving around Poughkeepsie. A decade after I graduated they added an outpost in one of the dining halls, so that’s a major upgrade for the current students.

Back