• The first DDT Glassware is on sale! Check out the announcement here!
  • Jerm has put together a LIF to help with COVID-19 relief. Check it out here. (If you don't have access, DM Nathan.)

All Things Sneakers

I was kinda bummed I missed the drop, because I would totally wear those. Wearing Citrins right now as a consolation prize:

0C445DD7-CACA-4BF3-A0F7-71E6A8DE0381.jpeg

Personally, in terms of comfort, I’d say Yeezy 350 > Ultraboost > NMD. That said, did someone say some Ultraboosts are 50% off right now?

Currently have some Cloud White’s that I love. As a teacher it instantly increases my cool factor by at least 10X...

Currently have some Cloud White’s that I love. As a teacher it instantly increases my cool factor by at least 10X...
I dig the Cloud Whites, but I don’t trust myself with white shoes. I bought the RFs hoping to flip them for a tidy profit, but their resale tanked so badly right after they dropped that I probably will put them in rotation. After I spray the crap outta them with Repel spray first to try to ease my paranoia a bit.

Anyone score Yeezy triple blacks this morning? I slept through the Yeezy Supply drop, so all my eggs were in the Adidas app basket, but I lost in both the online and in-store raffles.

I refreshed Yeezy Supply just in case and saw “sold out” so I closed the tab in disgust and went about my day, which means I missed out on the black reflective shock drop too 🙁

Anyone score Yeezy triple blacks this morning? I slept through the Yeezy Supply drop, so all my eggs were in the Adidas app basket, but I lost in both the online and in-store raffles.

I refreshed Yeezy Supply just in case and saw “sold out” so I closed the tab in disgust and went about my day, which means I missed out on the black reflective shock drop too 🙁
Total forgot they were going to drop.

Sold my Cloud White’s (they were a 13 and I’ve realized I’m a 13.5). Grabbed some RF Citrin’s on the adidas site to replace them in 13.5 though.

Total forgot they were going to drop.

Sold my Cloud White’s (they were a 13 and I’ve realized I’m a 13.5). Grabbed some RF Citrin’s on the adidas site to replace them in 13.5 though.
How are the Aliens treating you? I’ve heard some say they’re comparable to pre-Static V2s in terms of snugness and bounce, but others have said they’re roomy enough to be TTS and have excellent arch support. I’ve been keeping tabs on them on StockX and GOAT, but $460ish is too rich for my blood. Big shots will be in town from HQ so I’ve got full days of meetings all next week, hopefully I’ll still be able to refresh the hell out of YS under the conference table for the GR drop.

I’ve also been eyeing Statics more than is healthy - been close to pulling the trigger a few times, but fought the urge by reminding myself I’ve got enough neutral 350s and don’t need to spend a bunch of cash on yet another pair. I do love that steel gray though....

How are the Aliens treating you? I’ve heard some say they’re comparable to pre-Static V2s in terms of snugness and bounce, but others have said they’re roomy enough to be TTS and have excellent arch support. I’ve been keeping tabs on them on StockX and GOAT, but $460ish is too rich for my blood. Big shots will be in town from HQ so I’ve got full days of meetings all next week, hopefully I’ll still be able to refresh the hell out of YS under the conference table for the GR drop.

I’ve also been eyeing Statics more than is healthy - been close to pulling the trigger a few times, but fought the urge by reminding myself I’ve got enough neutral 350s and don’t need to spend a bunch of cash on yet another pair. I do love that steel gray though....
Flipped the Aliens as soon as I got them. Tried them on though and they were pretty comfy. Felt about the same as my 350’s.
Citrins came today. Looking forward to breaking them in tomorrow.

I made enough off the Aliens that I’ve got some cash for another pair without the wife killing me. Will certainly be on the prowl next week.

No luck with the Aliens this morning. That’s okay though, saw black 380s are coming and look pretty hot. Looking forward to failing to buy a pair of those soon.

Dipping my toes into this thread. Trying to keep up with my sons interest in kicks and have been eyeing things for him. Got me juiced for a pair of J's as I haven't owned a pair in close to 20 years. My first were white and grape 5's back in 91.
Ended up picking up 270 Mars green glow because I think they look sweet without being too crazy. Will be following along and looking out for some 1's, 4's, and maybe 10's in the coming weeks.

In case any of you have sneakerhead friends that are having kids:

i'm an absolute sneaker degenerate (not one with unlimited money so i don't buy the latest $700 shoes, nor do i have 1000 pairs) but i cannot bring myself to stop wearing these gnarly, dirty, worn out old Huarache's.

they fit perfectly. they look like shit but i keep wearing them to work almost every day.

the crazy thing is i hate having dirty, worn out shoes on but i can't quit these things.

keep buying new pairs but only wear them sparingly because i want to keep them clean & nice. so on go these banged up, washed out, dirty ass Nike's.

i'm an absolute sneaker degenerate (not one with unlimited money so i don't buy the latest $700 shoes, nor do i have 1000 pairs) but i cannot bring myself to stop wearing these gnarly, dirty, worn out old Huarache's.

they fit perfectly. they look like shit but i keep wearing them to work almost every day.

the crazy thing is i hate having dirty, worn out shoes on but i can't quit these things.

keep buying new pairs but only wear them sparingly because i want to keep them clean & nice. so on go these banged up, washed out, dirty ass Nike's.
I was like that, first with some ratty-ass gray Adidas Daily 2.0s ($19.99 at Costco!), then with a pair of navy blue Puma Super Ligas ($24.99 at Nordstrom Rack!). Then I discovered Yeezy 350s and was hooked - holy crap so comfy.

That was what broke the dam. Now I’ve got 5 pairs of Yeezys, a few other Adidas, and a handful of Nikes in regular rotation. And the Super Ligas, because I still do love those things. The old gray Adidas were demoted to “I might get dirty” use.

I was like that, first with some ratty-ass gray Adidas Daily 2.0s ($19.99 at Costco!), then with a pair of navy blue Puma Super Ligas ($24.99 at Nordstrom Rack!). Then I discovered Yeezy 350s and was hooked - holy crap so comfy.

That was what broke the dam. Now I’ve got 5 pairs of Yeezys, a few other Adidas, and a handful of Nikes in regular rotation. And the Super Ligas, because I still do love those things. The old gray Adidas were demoted to “I might get dirty” use.
i've got like 30+ pairs of sneakers but i almost never wear them to work. it's some sort of mental block i've got and i find myself wearing these damned Huarache's constantly.

i've gotta break down and just throw them away. or bring them to a running store and drop them in a recycling bin. it's the only way. don't even need em for yard work or anything as i've got old running shoes that are in much better shape.

if i could find some Huarache replacements that aren't all red, all black, all white or some garish combination of mis-matched colors i'd buy them in a minute.

i've got like 30+ pairs of sneakers but i almost never wear them to work. it's some sort of mental block i've got and i find myself wearing these damned Huarache's constantly.

i've gotta break down and just throw them away. or bring them to a running store and drop them in a recycling bin. it's the only way. don't even need em for yard work or anything as i've got old running shoes that are in much better shape.

if i could find some Huarache replacements that aren't all red, all black, all white or some garish combination of mis-matched colors i'd buy them in a minute.
The Huaraches look a lot like Adidas Ozweegos or Yeezy 700s. Just trying to enable your habit 🙂