All things Grateful

I’ve heard a ton of shows, own a ton of shows in every imaginable format. While not the best show in terms of song selection or even performance at all, the absolute cleanest most pure live recording I’ve had the pleasure to listen to is this 91 show on vinyl. Not even a crazy high end system and the sound of this indescribably wonderful. The playing is tight, the vocals are as 91 as 91 can be, the pacing is a throwback to 77 runs, and the recording is just nuts on dead good.

I should probably mention I’m listening to it and just high as high can be.
0389926B-138F-4D56-A888-2E6A877BBC56.jpeg
totally agree on this. Bruce & Vince on keys/synth also adds an interesting dynamic to the sound of this show.

How the fuck did I not know Tidal has master quality streams of like every Dead & Company show last couple years all of the sudden? Damn. Do other streams also have?
nugs.net has a streaming service with a ton of MQA quality stuff, so those recordings exist apparently. I think nugs does a free 30 day trial and while I wouldn’t pay for their service, a free month is pretty cool.

I hope this is accurate.

I haven’t given much more effort than finding this link but if they come anywhere near me for a show, I’ll check this out. I’m pretty excited about the entire lineup except Warren Haynes. I figured he’d find his way into this lineup but I am so not a fan of watching the cowardly lion sing man ballad versions of ABB songs.

That said, a couple hours of Derek Trucks playing ABB songs would have me extremely arroused.

Dead & Co summer tour dates were announced this morning. I’m hoping to make it out to the Saratoga Springs and Fenway shows. Naturally, Suarez and Hill Farmstead will have to be fit in to the schedule. Anyone else going to make some shows?
I’m so pissed. We will be traveling to Colorado the dates they are there so will miss those. While we will be in Colorado will miss Indy, Cincinnati, St Louis and Detroit. Will be back the literal day of first Wrigley show so best bet is trying to catch those. Just sucks to be honest. Save some money I guess

I’m so pissed. We will be traveling to Colorado the dates they are there so will miss those. While we will be in Colorado will miss Indy, Cincinnati, St Louis and Detroit. Will be back the literal day of first Wrigley show so best bet is trying to catch those. Just sucks to be honest. Save some money I guess
Raleigh show > Myrtle Beach.
Do it.

Raleigh show > Myrtle Beach.
Do it.
Be in Colorado that entire time. Trust me I did consider it but no way we can change trip dates. Have too much timed out on construction plan to change. Hiring trucks to deliver multiple loads up steep mountain roads and passes has such a short “guarantee” of good enough weather to plan it. They were totally booked in August and September so mid July was our best option. Last year pass didn’t open until July 12th hahaha that was abnormal as fuck but still it’s relevant to consider. And once October hits you can forget about it. Melts fast but they start getting pretty consistent snowfalls about that time.

Damn dude, sorry to hear about the conflicting schedules.