• The first DDT Glassware is on sale! Check out the announcement here!
  • Jerm has put together a LIF to help with COVID-19 relief. Check it out here. (If you don't have access, DM Nathan.)

All things Grateful

MordorMongo

Staff Infection
I’ve heard a ton of shows, own a ton of shows in every imaginable format. While not the best show in terms of song selection or even performance at all, the absolute cleanest most pure live recording I’ve had the pleasure to listen to is this 91 show on vinyl. Not even a crazy high end system and the sound of this indescribably wonderful. The playing is tight, the vocals are as 91 as 91 can be, the pacing is a throwback to 77 runs, and the recording is just nuts on dead good.

I should probably mention I’m listening to it and just high as high can be.
0389926B-138F-4D56-A888-2E6A877BBC56.jpeg

I’ve heard a ton of shows, own a ton of shows in every imaginable format. While not the best show in terms of song selection or even performance at all, the absolute cleanest most pure live recording I’ve had the pleasure to listen to is this 91 show on vinyl. Not even a crazy high end system and the sound of this indescribably wonderful. The playing is tight, the vocals are as 91 as 91 can be, the pacing is a throwback to 77 runs, and the recording is just nuts on dead good.

Just listened to that Eyes opener in honor of this post.

Confirmed: this is the music I need playing as I’m fading away.

77 Portland from a few days ago. Bertha remaster of a Betty board. Good show, but the sound man, the sound.

MordorMongo

Staff Infection
How the fuck did I not know Tidal has master quality streams of like every Dead & Company show last couple years all of the sudden? Damn. Do other streams also have?

MordorMongo

Staff Infection
I’ve also been going back thru some of Dick’s Picks, all of which are on Spotify. Most recently #33 from 10/9-10/76. You’re welcome
Tidal has those also. I think they changed something in search which is why I hadn’t seen them prior. With last update apparently more “associated” acts are included when you search for someone.

does Spotify stream lossless yet? I refuse to support them until they do.

Tidal has those also. I think they changed something in search which is why I hadn’t seen them prior. With last update apparently more “associated” acts are included when you search for someone.

does Spotify stream lossless yet? I refuse to support them until they do.
it does not, shrug. I've not used Tidal, does it have the catalog that Spotify does?

MordorMongo

Staff Infection
it does not, shrug. I've not used Tidal, does it have the catalog that Spotify does?
No clue as I’ve never used Spotify. I’m not aware of anything it doesn’t have that Spotify does? I’m sure one has more than the other and common sense tells me Spotify is likely the winner in content while Tidal is the winner in stream quality. People try to tell me there is no difference but with my set up the difference in MP3 vs 320 AAC is pretty noticeable, even by my wife who thinks I’m insane. If all anyone does is stream through a phone into some janky Bluetooth headphones it doesn’t matter but if you stream direct through any decent amp/tubes/etc the differences become evident pretty quickly.