All Things Coffee

I grabbed some of the Nicaraguan Caturra + Gesha blend currently on sale at Burmans. They recommend roasting to a mid to dark roast. I roasted over the weekend to about a city+ which has that unmistakable gesha soft acidity and nuttiness. I might try roasting a touch darker to drive more chocolate but worry about giving up more of the gesha character. I agree with the listing that it isn't a high end gesha (or caturra for that matter) but it is a great coffee at that price.

IMG-20220419-165326.jpg

Good stuff.

should’ve asked you for recs. The morning croissant and shots at Corica was amazing (this was an unusual splurge but needed it).
66E28DE6-6244-421D-B574-8374568CD99F.jpeg
theLostWizard did we meet one another around all the Quintessence stuff? Surely our paths crossed at some point?

Corica is cool, and some good stuff, but I believe there is better coffee in Brussels.

MOK is, imo, hands down the best roaster and place to get coffee, and they have some damn good food too.
Cafe Capitale, OR, Kaffabar, and Wide Awake are all solid as well.

All the coffee in my pic is what friends from the US brought me:)

I am expecting a box of Galler chocolates from a buddy and I. AM. PUMPED.
Chocolate talk: between Galler, Elizabeth, Dumon, and Leonidas the clear favorite is Dumon. Elizabeth however is interesting as the majority have been a fruit / liquor combination or tea. Galler is dead last given the consistency (not nearly as smooth).

Send me a message if you need any tips for Berlin. Any chance you are headed to Cologne as well? If so we can grab a Kölsch and/or coffee.

Cheers
Out current plan is to drive between Copenhagen, Berlin and Amsterdam. Likely stops in Hanover and Hamburg as they appear to be on the way. I will let you know if we head South. Any suggestions for these stops are much appreciated. We will be doing all the routine tourist stuff.

Out current plan is to drive between Copenhagen, Berlin and Amsterdam. Likely stops in Hanover and Hamburg as they appear to be on the way. I will let you know if we head South. Any suggestions for these stops are much appreciated. We will be doing all the routine tourist stuff.
In Copenhagen you have to have coffee at Coffee Collective, world class.

I would skip Hannover and spend more time in Hamburg (my favorite German city), or if you want another city in that area go to Bremen, which is lovely. But I guess your plan is Copenhagen to Hamburg to Berlin and then driving west to Amsterdam and want something in between? If so I would recommend Munster as a nicer city and a very slight detour, or Cologne as about a 90 minute detour. Cologne would also give you the bonus of being able to stop in Düsseldorf on your way to Amsterdam.

A4E31309-4159-4CDF-8D0B-B0D2E7BF8CE5.jpeg

Tried this “aero-cano” thing I’ve seen pop up on the internets a bit recently. Essentially made a long black in a milk pitcher, added a few cocktail size ice cubes and steamed to introduce air. Poured over a few more fresh cubes. It isn’t something I’d make frequently, but is very reminiscent of nitro cold brew and a fun thing to mix in the spro rotation.

Back