90s Nostalgia

Modest Mouse and Built to Spill would like a word with you.

Oh yeah, and Radiohead and Outkast.

Peak Indie Rock all around.
There were obviously some good things, but general quantity of great stuff was lacking relative to early 90s and early-mid 00s. When Neutral Milk Hotel and Kid A are the highlights of your era, things are pretty rough.

RyanG

🦋🥕
Uk 90’s was different than US 90’s

oasis liamghallager GIF by Alternative Press

That last sentences confuses and infuriates me.
I actually like Kid A and mostly wrote that to get a reaction. Its legend bugs me as I don't think it's particularly interesting or revolutionary. Oh cool, you are using a vocorder and found out free jazz exists. OK Computer is more my style.

I just don't get Neutral Milk Hotel. It's really boring. At least early Arcade Fire wasn't afraid to have some grandiosity. Aeroplane is just pre-Decembrists which is fine, it's just doesn't move me at all.

I actually like Kid A and mostly wrote that to get a reaction. Its legend bugs me as I don't think it's particularly interesting or revolutionary. Oh cool, you are using a vocorder and found out free jazz exists. OK Computer is more my style.

I just don't get Neutral Milk Hotel. It's really boring. At least early Arcade Fire wasn't afraid to have some grandiosity. Aeroplane is just pre-Decembrists which is fine, it's just doesn't move me at all.

NMH ia super devisive, I get it. I even understand why it's so hated. But once it clicked for me I just absolutely loved it and then it reclicked on a higher level even later.

But, the Your Favorite Band sucks podcast about Aeroplane is amazingly funny and spot on.

NMH ia super devisive, I get it. I even understand why it's so hated. But once it clicked for me I just absolutely loved it and then it reclicked on a higher level even later.

But, the Your Favorite Band sucks podcast about Aeroplane is amazingly funny and spot on.
I don't think I listened to it until maybe a year or two ago which might affect my opinion. Not sure how I avoided it until just recently.

Graduated HS in '87 so I'm the old fuck here but everyone already knew that.

Went to college in '93 (UNL - I'm a Husker)

Father passed in '94. Watched O.J. being chased in the Bronco on tv at the hospital.

Met my now wife in college in '97.

Our computer had Dial-Up.

Lorena Bobbitt chopped off her husbands penis.

Princess Diana's death

Everyone was freaking out about Y2K.

Beanie Babies

So did I grow up in the 90's? Not a fuckin chance.

This is from 1993: