90s Nostalgia

I actually don't know where to put this information. Video games thread? General TV? 90s nostalgia?

Where is THIS thread?
Waiting GIF

Well, it's been 30+ minutes, so I guess I'll make the first move.

I turned 12 in 1990 and 21 in 1999, so the 90s were my very much my formative years. And as all olds would say about their formative years, they were a simpler time. The internet was in its infancy. There was no social media. There were very few cell phones (and none with cameras). Less political drama, etc., etc. It was a great time to grow up. And I'll be the first to admit I miss the 90s and I very much enjoy revisiting them.

My kids have gotten into watching music videos on YouTube and stuff... they were telling me how awesome it was to watch and not just listen to it.

I felt like such a geezer explaining to them how when I was younger there was a TV channel, and that’s pretty much ALL they did was play music videos for most of the day.

and then we all sat down and had a trip down memory lane watching old MTV.

Daisy Fuentes' Top 20 countdown was like the highlight of my week back in the day.

And then a little later...it was 120 minutes.

And I probably went through about a dozen of these in the 90s:

1614105098720.png

The struggle of being in the passenger seat holding one of these level, trying to cushion out the bounces of the road in that beat up 1992 Chevy corsica with the cassette deck adaptor while also trying to spark a bowl.

The struggle of being in the passenger seat holding one of these level, trying to cushion out the bounces of the road in that beat up 1992 Chevy cavalier with the cassette deck adaptor while also trying to spark a bowl.
Then the eventual power struggle of trying to be the kid with the largest second buffer on their portable CD player.

"Shake it bro... it's got 45 seconds of buffer time".

rIZqWbu.gif

And that one rich kid that was always trying to push MiniDisc.

Well, it's been 30+ minutes, so I guess I'll make the first move.

I turned 12 in 1990 and 21 in 1999, so the 90s were my very much my formative years. And as all olds would say about their formative years, they were a simpler time. The internet was in its infancy. There was no social media. There were very few cell phones (and none with cameras). Less political drama, etc., etc. It was a great time to grow up. And I'll be the first to admit I miss the 90s and I very much enjoy revisiting them.

Less political drama? Monica Lewinski, Impeachment, Whitewater, Clarence Thomas...

But I hear ya, I am an old too, and I have fond memories of the 90's.

3A570B72-62E4-482D-A643-18FA7CBB037D.gif