2020 Civil Unrest Thread

I'd like to restate that condoning, let alone encouraging this behavior is nothing short of appalling.

Violence doesn't end violence and there is no room for this shit just like there is no room for killing people of color.
Condoning and understanding are two different things. You can only push people so far. That vast majority of these protests are peaceful until cops escalate them for no real reason.

"A riot is the language of the unheard."
-MLK

Mod Edit: Name-calling
When it's declared an unlawful gathering you're no longer a protestor, your part of a riot. The law is plain and simple. I guess I forgot that laws don't matter anymore. Violence in any way is not okay. The cop driving into those people was abhorrent at best. Throwing yourself in front of a car, regardless of the situation is asking to get a Darwin award. I don't think any of this is ok. I'm pissed watching my city and other cities get destroyed.

This isn't acceptable at any time.

Last edited by a moderator:
When it's declared an unlawful gathering you're no longer a protestor, your part of a riot. The law is plain and simple. I guess I forgot that laws don't matter anymore. Violence in any way is not okay. The cop driving I to those people was abhorrent at best. Throwing yourself in front of a car, regardless of the situation is asking to get a Darwin award. I don't think any of this is ok. I'm pissed watching my city and other cities get destroyed.

This isn't acceptable at any time.
Hahahaha now we're going to talk about permits and shit.

Mod Edit: Name-calling

Last edited by a moderator:
That's not even it man. I can only speak to what I see here in Portland but the cops leave the protesters alone until they start destroying things or throw things at the police. It's not about permits.

Addressing your last post about Baltimore. Wow. That's incredible and powerful. I wish it all went like that.
I posted no less that 47 tweet examples of unnecessary police violence. But again, if you look at attempted murder of multiple people as a Darwin award, I'm guessing the supercut won't convince you of anything.